Thursday, September 25, 2008

Detroit Lakes, Minnesota

Here is a Voice Thread on the history and growing up in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota. I find that Voicethread is a great tool to archive history, photos, loved ones in a way that other medias can't. To me, having your great grandfather, father, mother, aunt tell about their lives would prove to be a very important part of any genealogical archive.

From a student perspective, they could create a collage, share a book review, do a character analysis, look at settings in a novel and present their finding using Voicethread. it would also be a great "Get to know You" exercise the the beginning of the year.



Here is a slideshow that I recently did about my family in Switzerland. I chose to show a family member following a place we have traveled because I felt it flowed better than showing all of the family and then the places or vice versa.

No comments: