Monday, September 22, 2008

Mind Mapping



Here are my two attempts using mind maps in classroom. I think that they can be beneficial when lecturing in front of the class about key issues in a novel, for students who are brainstorming possible writing topics, looking at characterization or plot in a story. The possibilities are endless.

I believe that blogs can be used for independent reading projects where students can summarize their thoughts on the book they chose to read. They can then have blog partners that will read and respond to their plot overview and critique of the novel. They could publish their final projects here as well.

I think blogs can be useful for teacher in place of creating a website. A place that can have useful links for the class or upcoming assignments or projects. Here is one educational blog I have created for the classroom: Media and the Holocaust. I am unsure what my topic will be for my final project, but my husband and I are planning a trip to the Dachau Concentration Camp, so it may center around this.

No comments: